As a sales assistant at Decathlon, you never standstill. This translates into many steps in a day (you’ll easily reach 10,000) but also into an increase in responsibilities. You will be fully responsible for a particular sport in the shop. You are fully informed about the commercial status of that sport. You determine the product range and make sure that everything is taken care of for your sport on a commercial and human level.
You set a good example and help your colleagues in their development. Through daily contact with the customer, you know exactly what he needs and you are able, together with your team, to make changes in the layout. You base these on personal experience and numerical analyses.
Days also fill up with all the tasks required to make it possible for every athlete to find their products quickly and easily, such as processing freight and checking stocks. Once you have found your niche, you can expand your role by taking on store-wide responsibilities. In this way, you will discover the individual added value you can create.
This is what you will be doing:
- As a sales assistant at Decathlon, you are responsible for one of the sports departments in the shop.
- You are in daily contact with the customers and determine their needs.
- You work closely together with your team to keep everything need and organised.
- You also assist in activities like processing freight and checking stocks.
- You are available between 8 and 38 hours per week
- You are available to work at least one evening during the week and one day during the weekend.
What does Decathlon offer?
- A bunch of sporty colleagues who are always up for a sports session
- Flexible hours (evenings and weekends).
- An attractive salary, possible profit-sharing and holiday pay are also part of this.
- 20% discount on our own brands.
- Training, coaching and other personal development programmes.
Working at Decathlon = Making sport accessible for everyone!
Decathlon’s mission is to make the fun and health benefits of sport accessible to all in a sustainable manner. That’s why we want you to be as passionate as we are about making a positive impact on society and the planet through sport. Then it takes no effort to reflect this in the decisions you make. In addition, we like to work with people who want to get the best out of themselves, are looking for improvement and can challenge themselves and others. At Decathlon, you work in a network structure. This means that there is little hierarchy and that you will find your way around Decathlon best if you take an independent and proactive approach.
Does this seem like a good fit for you? Send your application, and you will be contacted within a matter of days! Filling in the motivation is not required; you can also apply by sending a WhatsApp through the button on this page.