WestCord Hotels is a Dutch family business that has been around for more than 50 years. The company has grown from its very first hotel, Hotel de Wadden on Vlieland. By now, the group has 16 hotels spread throughout the Netherlands. Including a number of iconic hotels, such as Hotel New York Rotterdam, the ss Rotterdam and Hotel Jakarta Amsterdam. We are only satisfied when we have satisfied guests and that is what we aim for! Committed, sincere, personal and tough. That’s what WestCord Hotels stands for.
This is you:
- You are able to make genuine contact with the guest, are creative and think in terms of possibilities.
- You can work well independently and are not afraid to take responsibility for the hotel during your shift. There will be shifts where you have to stand your ground alone and that is no problem for you!
- You are strong administratively – you do not have to make huge spreadsheets, but working with the computer is fine with you
- Absolutely no ‘9 to 5’ mentality.
- You think along proactively in the improvement of both the process and the product!
- Good command of English; if you can speak a second or third language, we would appreciate it.
This is what you will be doing:
- Receiving, checking in and checking out guests;
- You are the all-round contact person during the night & provide the necessary information to guests;
- Walking a security round at night;
- Ensuring adequate handling of special situations such as fire alarms;
- As a night porter, you check the day’s administration and prepare for the next day;
- Handling incoming calls and taking care of wake-up calls & taking note of messages and/or comments from guests;
- Preparing the breakfast buffet so that your colleagues from the early shift can immediately welcome guests;
- Small cleaning tasks, and ensuring a clear handover for the next shift.
- You are available to work 2x 8 hours per week.
- Early, evening or night shifts, working at the weekend and on public holidays, none of this is a problem for you
What does WestCord offer?
- During the night shift, there is a lot of room to work on your university assignments.
- Growth power: Working in a growing hotel chain where you can continue to develop yourself and grow.
- Reliability: Salary always on time according to the CLA standards, in addition, you also build up holiday hours and holiday pay.
- 30/30 Member: Besides the salary, WestCord Hotels offers even more great things to all members, such as €30,- per night in our hotels//a 30% discount on WestCord products/ travel allowance/ internal training by our own Hospitality trainer. This is perfect to discover the rest of The Netherlands
- Daily shared lunch and dinner, delicious coffee and lots of fruit. A good moment to catch up with your colleagues.
- Good arrangement for dependants and supplementary retirement pension.
Does this seem like a good fit for you? Send your application, and you will be contacted within a matter of days! Filling in the motivation is not required; you can also apply by sending a WhatsApp through the button on this page.